Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Year.

I make an annual attempt to resurrect this blog around New Years. So here is the 2012 version.

I don't want to jinx it, but this vacation has been excellent so far. Despite the many reasons for it not to have been.

My resolutions for this year are:

i) finish the last 40 pages of War and Peace

ii) start working my way through Shakespeare alphabetically. If I move at the rate one play a month I should be done with him in 3 years. Just as I enjoy knowing that I can name and locate every single country in the world (am still working on the capitals) I shall be happier after I know what happens in every single play. And just to be sure I shall make notes. As I do not think I shall be reading Richard II a second time, assuming I make it through a first time.

iii) be less lazy about writing. Academically, and otherwise.

iv) travel more on long weekends, instead of doing silly things like homework.

v) figure out how to keep a plant alive. I want a cat. But if I can't care for a plant the cat has no chance. This is a trial run. 2012 plant, 2013 cat.

vi) stop watching That 70's Show reruns. Enough is enough.