Wednesday, August 25, 2010

movies

Kynodontas (2009), is not for the squeamish. And that's about all I can say about it without some sort of spoiler. It gave me the creeps but I would recommend it to those strong of stomach. If you saw The Ballad of Jack and Rose- this is about three times more disturbing.

Other things I watched this month include

1. The Accidental Husband- thoroughly avoidable.

2. Serenity- not as much fun as as Firefly. And highly disappointing in terms of which characters Joss Whedon chose to kill and which he chose to keep alive at the end.

3. Firefly- which I loved. Though I think its a bit incongruous that 500 years into the future we will have spaceships, advanced medical technology and yet be dressed as if in the 19th century. Not a major problem for me though; didn't detract from my glee at the whole series. Though I do think the story arc could have been written out a little more crisply. Or something. More twists. More plot.

4. Coraline- which was ok. Excellent black cartoon cat and lovely music. But I shan't be watching that again.

5. P.S. I love You- bah. Though it was nice to see Hilary Swank in pretty clothes this is not enough to make me watch a whole movie.

No comments: